Disability Access at Turnberry Holiday Park
The purpose of the following statement is to describe the accessibility of Turnberry Holiday Park to help people with restricted access decide if we can cater for their needs. If there is anything not covered in this statement, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 01655 331288, we are more than happy to help.
Here’s a quick guide to accessibility at Turnberry Holiday Park
- The site is split into nine areas all with names from the Golfing world. 90% of the park is flat and is suitable for wheelchair users, there is a very slight incline at our Muirfield area and the swimming pool is located near the main complex but is also accessed down a short incline.
- There is wheelchair friendly access to our buildings and communal areas, reception and our clubhouse has ramped access with wide doors.
- Reception is well lit with good access; our friendly team are there to help.
- We welcome guide dogs and have pet friendly accommodation types available.
- Whilst enquires and bookings can be conducted via our website and/or email please feel free to call us directly at site to discuss specific requirements on 01655 331288.
- We have good links with our local community supplies so we can source any “aids” requirements and have them delivered to your holiday accommodation
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available via the duty warden and the number is displayed in the main reception window.
- We have bus links that run past the front of the park, but the distance to the bus stop is approximately ¼ mile from the front gate of the park. We also have access to local taxi services.
- Whilst our accommodation is not specifically adapted we do have several units that are suitable for wheelchair access – please call site directly for guidance.
Here is a more detailed look at all areas across the park:
- We confirm all holiday bookings by mail, and we can be contacted by telephone, email and post.
- Our website complies with Web Accessibility initiative and all pages are built to AA (Double A) standard, complying with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines
- We can put you in touch with local suppliers for wheelchair and aid hire along with any oxygen requirements. We will take delivery and ensure it is delivered to accommodation on arrival.
- All our buildings are single storey with no lifts and very few steps.
- Bus – there is a bus stop at the road in front of the holiday park, local buses have a low threshold for access and generally ramps are provided. A timetable is available at reception.
- Train – our nearest station is Girvan (4 miles)
- Plane – our nearest airport is Prestwick Airport (26 miles)
- Taxi – a list of operators is available in reception
Reception / Shop
- There is ramped access into our reception area.
- Our friendly reception team are happy to provide/research details of local attractions that would suit your needs.
- Copies of timetables, menus are available
- There is one main access to the shop through reception all on one level
- Shelves are stacked from floor level to head height with aisles wide enough for wheelchair access.
- Parking is available close to the shop
- Local supermarkets can also deliver directly to your holiday accommodation.
- This area is accessible via the main front doors, the sun terrace has a wide door access.
- The park is dog friendly and guide dogs are welcome
- Menus are available throughout the complex
- A full allergen listing is available
- Toilet access is on one level and has access for wheelchair users, with one accessible toilet.
- Entertainment is available 5 nights a week with live cabaret on a Saturday.
- Bingo can be played & tv monitors show the numbers being called.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas
- The main roads throughout the site and public areas are surfaced with tarmac
- Key areas of the park are illuminated at night.
- There is a restricted speed limit in place on the site
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available 24 hrs a day
- Our heated indoor swimming pool is available through the season, access for wheelchair users is limited, however we are happy to assist with access. The swimming pool does not operate a lifeguard system, but we require guests to book their swimming session and we restrict access to no more than 8 swimmers per session. Emergency responders are on hand on park in an emergency. Unfortunately, no hoist is available.
- Girvan town centre is generally located on the flat and has good access to shops, restaurants and public houses, this town is approximately 5 min drive or taxi fare away from the site.
- The nearest accessible beach is Girvan, 4 miles from the site, accessible toilets are also available in the town at the beach front.
Whilst we do not have specifically adapted holiday accommodation several of our holiday units will allow good access. Our friendly reception team are more than happy to discuss the suitability of the accommodation and any special requirements you may have, we would suggest you call them on 01655 331288 and have a direct conversation.